Avatar Meher Baba Center Southern California
in Concert with
The Oral History Archive Project
God Speaks Session Four
Meher Baba's God Speaks
How It All Happened
To put the matter in a table of terms:
Movement = Universal Energy = Prana = Knowing = Everything
is opposite to Emptiness = Latent Universe = Akasha = Ignorance = Nothing
When the still Ocean begins rolling, movement and emptiness (between two waves) both of which always exist in It, are manifested simultaneously out of the Ocean Itself. When Knowledge knows, "knowing" and "not knowing" come out; and when Paramatman becomes conscious of the creation, prana and akasha manifest themselves. But side by side with the manifestation of these three pairs of opposites, which were one when they were latent in the one Paramatman, a clash between the opposites of each pair takes place; and the outcome of the clash is the manifestation of the universe. The clash denotes several happenings at one and the same time, including the following:
(1) The states of Energy = Prana, and Emptiness = Akasha, are manifested.
(2) The Akasha state remains one whole, but the Prana state becomes divided into seven parts which are formed at one and the same time.
(3) Out of the Prana state, the subtle world comes into being, and out of the Akasha state, the gross worlds (wave-bubbles) become manifested.
(4) The manifestations of the most finite drop-bubbles, say the electrons, take place.
(5) With the movement in the Ocean, innumerable waves, countless drops and numberless bubbles, together with foam, manifest themselves. Consider that each wave has a big bubble and each drop has a small bubble, viz., wave-bubbles and drop-bubbles. As the waves are not separate from the drops, both kinds of bubbles contain the indivisible Ocean Itself, i.e., the waves are in the Ocean and the drops are in the wave. Each wave, besides having its own bubble, has countless drops, each of which again has a bubble of its own. Each wave-bubble is a world in itself, and its drop-bubbles are numberless forms belonging to (such as) electrons, stones, metals, plants, trees, animals and human beings. But each drop is still the indivisible Ocean though it does not know it. Simultaneously with the movement in the Ocean, the Atman (Soul) comes to know that it does not know; and along with the clash referred to above, the Atman begins to know the universe, i.e., ignorance = nothingness, most finitely through the most finite first gross form, the electron.
The Beyond the Beyond State of God
This state of God-Is is also called the “original divine sound sleep state of God” in the Beyond the Beyond state. The God-Is state is the state of inﬁnitude. Inﬁnitude by virtue of being inﬁnite is everything. That is, “ EVERYTHING” is the nature of inﬁnitude.